Sunday, July 08, 2012

Quick turnaround

Just over 12 hours after yesterday's evening race I was out at Roscam with Fintan and Owen for a long run. We headed out through Oranmore and then on to Maree admiring all the big houses that make up this beautiful part of the world. Conditions were a little breezy and when we turned on 1hr 06 for the run home the back of the legs/buttocks were already sore.

I took the short option on the way back as I was feeling really tired whilst the other 2 did the honourable thing to run the full out and back course. All up 27.4kms for me in 1:59:26 (4:22's).

Happy with that and a decent week of training completed (114.8km). Just got to keep it going now...

2 comments:

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Hey Beermatt,
I'm back in Ireland on the 20th July, I am planning on running a local race the 'Fingal 10k' on the 22nd July. I go to westport on the 30th July until the bank holiday Monday 6th Aug. Any races you recommend during that time in Mayo and possibly Galway

BeerMatt said...

Kanser, there are a couple of good races either side of your dates (Balla 10km Co Mayo July 28th, Streets of Galway August 11th). That's a shame.

Have a look on this calendar and see what suits:

http://www.runireland.com/events

There look to be a few options in Co Mayo the weekend of Aug 4th/5th. I've done the 8km in Swinford before and that's not a bad race. Can't comment on the others...